+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dianna Dahlgren, Miss SX.. AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by CRF rider View Post
    My friends girlfriend worked as a Spy rep at the Phx SX this year and was able to hang out with Jeremy McGrath and Andrew Short over in their pits.

She had connections because she was an assistant manager at a No Fear store or something similar. So it's all about getting your foot in the door. Just try to be involved in the industry and contacting companies about being a rep!
    I'm trying to do that right now! I have been talking to companies like Ride Now, No Fear and Not Cal. Hopefully SOMETHING will come through

Quote Originally Posted by joe petruska View Post
    she's ok ,...

There are a lot of beautiful and deserving ladies out there!

Strictly from a marketing standpoint...She's "gots" a great product. The 4 P's of marketing: Product, Promotion, Placement & Pricing. She has the 4 P's.

Last edited by kreilly; 08-02-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    http://azmxpix.com/www.azmxpix.com

Quote Originally Posted by kreilly View Post
    Strictly from a marketing standpoint...She's "gots" a great product. The 4 P's of marketing: Product, Promotion, Placement & Pricing. She has the 4 P's.

Don't get me wrong, I like the girl... but if she's got all that maybe she should move on to an actual career and let someone else take that step into the industry that she had the opportunity to do.

While you have valid points here MissV, this whole "Monster Girl" thing has been elevated to a new level. It could take on a life of it's own, or it could stall and fizzle. A lot of people had been complaining about the ditzy, dopey looking girls just standing there fake smiling... with her, she's animated, looks amazing on camera, and can actually speak. While no one is perfect, you have to admit... not too shabby. I love her. Did i mention that? har I BET they changed gears on this program and this is a pivotal point for this stuff.. if it continues, I am thinking you are going to see less and less doinder chicks meaninglessly batting eyelashes and chewing gum with hot pants keeping their skinny-fat åsses from sagging, and more legit, super-bomb hero-girls. Chicks that put 99% of the fan-base to shame in any sport. You can bet Monster sees an opportunity to market and sell more branded product here and I have to say, what a heck of a marketing tool. She's polished, poised & an IFBB Pro competitor to boot. Worked her way up through the NPC... this type of routine kept this girl out of trouble and in the gym. Builds a lot of work ethic and sure helps a gal fill out a bikini proper - whoah

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/156391/

2012 IFBB Olympia

2012 IFBB Los Angeles Grand Prix Pro Bikini
    1st

2012 IFBB Toronto Pro Supershow
    5th

2011 IFBB Olympia
    3rd

2011 IFBB Phoenix Pro
    1st

2011 IFBB Europa Super Show, Dallas
    4th

2010 IFBB Olympia
    9th

2010 IFBB Europa Battle of Champions
    1st

2010 IFBB MuscleContest Pro Bikini
    7th

2009 NPC Team Universe
    1st

2009 NPC Team Universe
    1st

2009 NPC USA Bodybuilding & Figure Championships
    4th

2009 NPC Los Angeles Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Championships
    1st

*This list may not reflect all shows for this participant
    ----
    Dianna Reminds me a bunch of Casey from AZ... she was 2009's MissSX? Some fitness, some muscle (i.e.- squats harder than most boys) and blonde...

http://www.edge.ca/Pics/Blogs/Adam/MissSX09.jpg

I would bet she (Dianna) has a fair amount of products attached (Licensing Deal$) to her name. I saw posters of her selling nutritional supplements at GNC - totally outside of MotorSports in the fitness industry.

IMO, Dianna is on point in her career. A culmination of effort over the years. Don't forget, Monster gave her this opportunity - while she may have been 'selected' you can be sure it was beyond her control. And, I doubt she'd say No While the contest thing seemed to have worked in the past, with everyone scrambling (business/corporations) to keep up and make $$ in the ever-changing marketplace, i think they made a good decision this year to step up the involvement with her. I bet they sell more fem-gender clothing this year than ever lol

I don't know what the heck happened with that intern thing, but you were robbed. You're fit, you ride, you're pretty easy to look at (you ARE 18, right?? haha)... umm, WTF Monster?? Either way, stay fit, stay strong.. keep working towards your goals of working in the industry - stay positive (i know you will) and you might be surprised what doors swing your way in the future

Peace Victoria ~ keep at it
    Last edited by Short271; 08-03-2012 at 12:33 AM.

+1 great post Short.

Oldschool Moto Dude MX'r since 1973's Avatar
    Shorts, really good post +2

Quote Originally Posted by Short271 View Post
    While you have valid points here MissV, this whole "Monster Girl" thing has been elevated to a new level. It could take on a life of it's own, or it could stall and fizzle. A lot of people had been complaining about the ditzy, dopey looking girls just standing there fake smiling... with her, she's animated, looks amazing on camera, and can actually speak. While no one is perfect, you have to admit... not too shabby. I love her. Did i mention that? har I BET they changed gears on this program and this is a pivotal point for this stuff.. if it continues, I am thinking you are going to see less and less doinder chicks meaninglessly batting eyelashes and chewing gum with hot pants keeping their skinny-fat åsses from sagging, and more legit, super-bomb hero-girls. Chicks that put 99% of the fan-base to shame in any sport. You can bet Monster sees an opportunity to market and sell more branded product here and I have to say, what a heck of a marketing tool. She's polished, poised & an IFBB Pro competitor to boot. Worked her way up through the NPC... this type of routine kept this girl out of trouble and in the gym. Builds a lot of work ethic and sure helps a gal fill out a bikini proper - whoah

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/bio/156391/

2012 IFBB Olympia

2012 IFBB Los Angeles Grand Prix Pro Bikini
    1st

2012 IFBB Toronto Pro Supershow
    5th

2011 IFBB Olympia
    3rd

2011 IFBB Phoenix Pro
    1st

2011 IFBB Europa Super Show, Dallas
    4th

2010 IFBB Olympia
    9th

2010 IFBB Europa Battle of Champions
    1st

2010 IFBB MuscleContest Pro Bikini
    7th

2009 NPC Team Universe
    1st

2009 NPC Team Universe
    1st

2009 NPC USA Bodybuilding & Figure Championships
    4th

2009 NPC Los Angeles Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Championships
    1st

*This list may not reflect all shows for this participant
    ----
    Dianna Reminds me a bunch of Casey from AZ... she was 2009's MissSX? Some fitness, some muscle (i.e.- squats harder than most boys) and blonde...

http://www.edge.ca/Pics/Blogs/Adam/MissSX09.jpg

I would bet she (Dianna) has a fair amount of products attached (Licensing Deal$) to her name. I saw posters of her selling nutritional supplements at GNC - totally outside of MotorSports in the fitness industry.

IMO, Dianna is on point in her career. A culmination of effort over the years. Don't forget, Monster gave her this opportunity - while she may have been 'selected' you can be sure it was beyond her control. And, I doubt she'd say No While the contest thing seemed to have worked in the past, with everyone scrambling (business/corporations) to keep up and make $$ in the ever-changing marketplace, i think they made a good decision this year to step up the involvement with her. I bet they sell more fem-gender clothing this year than ever lol

I don't know what the heck happened with that intern thing, but you were robbed. You're fit, you ride, you're pretty easy to look at (you ARE 18, right?? haha)... umm, WTF Monster?? Either way, stay fit, stay strong.. keep working towards your goals of working in the industry - stay positive (i know you will) and you might be surprised what doors swing your way in the future

Peace Victoria ~ keep at it
    Let me start by saying, again... I do like Dianna. I'm not trying to bash her in any way. I've met the girl and she was really nice and pleasant to talk to. What I'm trying to say is, this is her third year as Miss SX and I do think this should be a yearly position for highly qualified females like herself.
    I didnt know whether to feel bashed or complimented! lol.
    The whole botched deal with Monster, yeah that was some BS. I was used as an a free advertisement (which was a solid marketing strategy on their part) and coming in first place in votes while not getting invited to Cali was a huge blow to my self-esteem. But I've moved on from that, I'm hoping to get some modeling jobs in the industry.
    I've been communicating like crazy, and have been told by a couple of companies that they would really like to have me work for them... then they flake.
    Once again, a blow to my self-esteem. lol.
    Quite honestly, I think I created this post because of the blows to my self-esteem.
    Sometimes I get sort of petty and think that I deserve positions that I'm struggeling to get... my father created a moto brat. haha.
    In the mean time however, I'm going to build up a portfolio and ride my dirt bike.
    I have some self-marketing tricks up my sleeve that I hope you guys will enjoy!

Oldschool Moto Dude MX'r since 1973's Avatar
    I have some self-marketing tricks up my sleeve that I hope you guys will enjoy!

Thats the spirit !!, be creative, be smart and keep it professional !!!

Smooth is Fast mtgrahamracer#11's Avatar
    I'm personally not a fan of the current Miss SX. She's been a body builder in the past and it shows. Mercedes was a much better looking girl
    ...I jump the doubles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast